We often hold webinars on the topic of website optimization with GoMag customers – it’s an opportunity to get customized analytics for their stores.
The truth is. our portfolio is growing by the day, and we are grateful to you for choosing and re-electing us for your projects – we even have clients with 10 different shops on the platform!
So today we’re unveiling part of our website analysis system. Why? Because we encourage you to steal a march and continually ensure that you own stores equipped with everything you need to attract customers & purchase decisions.
Our recommendation is to save the article to your favorites and implement, step by step, today’s tips.
When we announce other analysis webinars for you, it will be a good opportunity to check your effort so far and get full marks.
Contents guide: Optimizing a website with unosoft
- General website optimization
- Optimization tips for homepage
- Optimization tips for category pages
- Optimization ideas for product pages
- Optimization tips for cart page
- Checkout / checkout page optimization
- Optimization tips for about us page
1. Website Audit General
- Exist contrast between the text color on the website and the background?
- Colours – not to be too pale, same color scheme used in website & visuals. Did you highlight what’s important?
- Fonts – same on all pages, readable, not too much italics, right size – check also how easy to read the texts on the site are on mobile phones.
- There are links on banners / hellobar to the relevant pages?
- There is banners with human faces (as much as possible) and expression/CTA button.
- Even if you use popup–newsletter subscription form, make sure they are not automatically triggered as soon as the user enters the site. Trigger them on scroll or after an action. And see how it looks on mobile!
- Product images – uses the same dimensions, including for thumbnails – will create visual continuity.
Optimize images to be easily found in Google: picture name with keywords related to the product, alt-text filled in, small size to not interfere with loading speed.
- Menu labels are easy to understand. Use custom menus in unosoft to organize categories and subcategories in a user-friendly way.
- Links are easy to identify (blue).
- Above the fold – in the first visible screen, the top of the site is the navigation (menu) + the most important information! For example, for a product page, in the first screen all the necessary information should be visible up to the add to cart button, including mobile.
- The forms on the pages capture the data correctly and are sent to a secure database, possibly directly into lists + relevant tags?
- Is there a page with answers to frequently asked questions?
How attractive do the offers seem your offers?
- Do you use urgency? Can be timers, texts with a promise – e.g. order by x time, and you’re sure to get your parcel by tomorrow, limited edition, limited stock.
- Do you use differentiators? Make sure you have uploaded icons representative of your differentiators to your trust icons. These will be displayed on all pages of the site as a constant reminder of your differentiators.
- Do you use extra services? It’s impossible to always work on the cheap. Therefore, you should rather rely on extra services to encourage people to accept your offers: guarantees, consulting, maintenance, buyback, cashback, etc.
- Are you using brand strength?
Make sure your offers, as well as the entire site, are marked with your brand symbols.
Use business-specific words, adapt the text to the style of the brand, use the colours and “feel” for which it is recognised in the market, as well as the number of members in your community, for example, or the logos of the brands you sell and your partners.
Make landing page – offer page, every time you run a special campaign, with multiple discounted products or extra benefits. You can set this landing page as homepage for the duration of the campaign.
Must have for SEO optimization
- Are headlines unique to each page?
- Is the length of headlines under 60 characters?
- Meta description is between 150 and 160 characters?
- Meta description includes keyword + CTA?
- Are URLs SEO friendly?
- Are texts separated into paragraphs with white spaces and are bold, bullets, enumerations used?
- Is there a favicon?
- Is the content on the website up to date?
- Isn’t there too little content on the pages?
- Is the image naming descriptive?
- Is the image size optimized?
- Is the website integrated with Google Search Console?
- Is the website integrated with Google Analytics?
- Do you consistently attract a certain number of backlinks?
- Is there a blog?
- Is there a Google My Business account? Is it completed?
Read also: Anatomy of a perfect online store – How to have a million dollar website
2. Optimization tips for the homepage
- Limited number of elements in homepage – It is important not to list all products in the shop on the front page. Contrary to expectations, your customers rarely end up directly on the homepage. Rather they land on offer pages and product pages, depending on the marketing medium they came through.
Use the homepage as a business card, don’t dump all the content of the site into one page.
- There is a banner/hellobar to the offer current? Change banners at least once every 2-3 months, don’t keep the same images for years.
- Easy to understand navigation menu – if the menu already goes on 2 rows, it means there are too many main categories.
- There is a description in the – that includes keywords. It is necessary because it helps to rank this page.
- There is reviews or testimonials displayed on homepage?
Bridge! Use InstaApp to bring more visual content to your site, both on the homepage and other pages. This content will work as extra reviews and social proof for your store.
Recommended to limit the number of posts displayed, so as not to overfill the bottom of the pages.
Read also: What the front page of your unosoft store, conversions and palinca have in common
3. Optimization tips for category pages
- Use descriptive names, short for categories
- There is a short description for each category in part? Likewise, it’s needed to send search engines descriptive information for ranking.
- Do you have a good structure for the information related to each product? (same type of information: name, price, rating, short description, etc. – if you display information, choose how much, with enough white space between them, to be readable)
- Exist relevant filter options? Display relevant filters for each category separately? (not the same for all, if they don’t make sense to be there)
- You display most popular and bought products at the top of the category page?
- Star products are differentiated with markings promotional?
- Ai special category pages for News, Discounts, Bestsellers etc.? (to put customers in buying mode)
Read also: How to optimize category pages in your online store
4. Optimization ideas for product pages
Tip! Start from the top 5 most bought products or 5 random products. Even if you have a lot of landmarks on your site, you can optimize them all when you do them row by row.
- The checkout box (including the Add to cart button) is visible in the first screen?
- Is there a more consistent product description? (not just one line of text)
Creates descriptions based on established formulas
– CAB (characteristics, advantages, benefits), AIDA (attention, interest, desire, call to action), bridge (present scenarios before product use, pain points, and then situation after product use).
– Also, make sure product descriptions are easy to scan, using whitespace, bold, bullets, enumerations, intertitles, etc. Don’t display text in blocks, but airbrush it out for easy reading.
- There is reviews or testimonials?
- Exist product video?
- East displayed approximate delivery time?
- The product image is updated according to the chosen attribute? E.g. if you can choose a colour, the image is updated with the product in that colour.
- Any additional cost is clearly displayed? (e.g., if customization is done for a fee, if the product is configurable, if additional shipping costs occur depending on certain conditions, etc.)
- If the product is on limited discount, is there a timer on the product?
- If the product is on sale, is the cash value saved displayed?
- There is images and/or video in product description?
- You wrote frequently asked questions & answers about the product? (answers to objections in customers’ minds, answers to questions received from sales and service agents, return policy, delivery time, etc.)
- There is similar / complementary product recommendations?
You can use product bundles – with this app you will build advanced discount rules when buying a bundle of products, like 1+1 free, 2+1 free, 50% discount on the second purchased product etc. It works great especially when you form them around bestselling products (which you identify based on reports in unosoft).
- There is live chat?
- Exist pop-up exit?
- Is there a loyalty program? For example, displaying the loyalty points they can earn when buying products will encourage them to buy more, to get extra points (you can even offer them for creating a store account).
Read also: How do I find target products that I can be successful with from the start
5. Shopping cart page optimization tips
- There is a pop-up with recommendations when a product is added to the cart? You can activate it through the PopUps module in unosoft.
- Display evidence of trust? (fixed delivery cost, premium packaging, consultancy, guarantees, certificates etc. – via trust icons/banners)
- The main CTA button is most visible – the continue shopping button is not strongly colored
- There is a banner with a testimonial or other incentive to buy?
- Do you have a value threshold for accessing free shipping? Simply create a rule in unosoft that displays in the cart what value users must purchase to enjoy free shipping.
Read also: How to lower your customer acquisition cost for your online store
6. Checkout / checkout page optimization
- Se order value increases? E.g. with OTO, gift in basket or advanced recommendations.
- If you buy a lot of B2B, it is active Tax code validation application?
- It displays testimonials on the checkout page? You can also display visual testimonials, via a UGC banner.
- I’m clearly transmitted payment and delivery information?
- You are very clear about costs and delivery times? (give them several options for delivery method – courier, pick-up from premises, easybox etc., estimate delivery time)
- Offer multiple payment methods? (refund, online card payment, instalment payment, BNPL – if applicable). Tell the customer additional details if paying by card: who the processor is, how the payment is secured, if they will be redirected to pay, etc.).
- Have you checked what the thank you page looks like and contains after the order is completed? (you confirm the customer’s order, thank them, encourage them to subscribe to the newsletter, follow you on Social Media, save their details in an account, which they can fill in with additional data, etc.).
Read also: 11 Tips for order completion page in store [Video]
7. Optimization tips for about us page
- Is it completed in the first place?
- Contains story firmi?
- Contains images of employees or images of the company?
- The text is nicely structured, with white spaces and different font sizes?
- Is there a CTA – to follow the store on other channels, subscribe, fill out a form.
- There’s proof of trust – office/warehouse pictures, customer reviews, press mentions, etc.
- Are displayed contact details of the shop?
Read also: What the About Us Page Should Contain [Infografic]
Optimizing a website with unosoft is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance.
Rather it’s a lengthy process, as are many business-related things.
Changes are made over time, one tested step at a time, because that’s the only way you can identify how they influence customer choices and behavior on-site and post-order.
As we said in the introduction, we invite you to save this article to your favourites and make sure you keep it close. Gradually implement the best practices found here and see how they work for you.
PS. Do you want to sell with unosoftbut don’t know where to start? Get a free 15-day demo, and from there our colleagues will contact you to discuss your business.
Join a community of over 15,000 members and take advantage of constant growth opportunities!